Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Where's that wagon???

Confession time. I've completely fallen off the weight loss wagon. I hate to admit it, but it's true. I told myself everyday "today is a new day, you can do this" and then by 5pm, shit hit the fan. So, here I am, to tell you, to hold myself accountable and to do it already.

I've been overweight as long as I can remember. Not crazy overweight, (well, at least not in my head, you might think different by looking at me, but I don't give an eff what you think) but overweight none the less. It's time to change things. I'm sick of not looking good in my clothes, I'm sick of being so lazy, I'm sick of wanting to eat the bad things that I do. Maybe someday I will be one of those people that is hungry and can say "just drink a glass of water and let it pass"...That's not me, not at ALL. A glass of water doesn't fill me up, a carrot stick doesn't fill me up. Cookies, chips, pizza, beer. That's what fills me up. I want those days to be over (I'm not giving those things up, but moderation would be a nice word to join in my vocabulary)

When I started this journey in January, I was counting calories on www.myfitnesspal.com , I was able to do that, until all my friends started joining Weight Watchers, and since I'm a follower, I joined as well. I believe now, looking back, that I was doing better on MFP than with WW. I lost weight with both, but I still had cheat days. Those days are over. If I want it, I'll eat it, track it and move on. I will no longer let it ruin my entire day. I will no longer say "Tomorrow is a new day" I am ready, NOW.

Working out. I need to do this more. I was working out at least 4 times a week, including one hour spin classes twice a week. Now, I'm lucky to get to spin twice a month, out of pure laziness. My new plan, is to spin at least once a week, along with working out before Mr. Gill goes to work, at least 3 days a week. That will put me back to my 4 days a week in the gym. I CAN DO THIS. Gone were the days of "I'll start Monday" No lady, you'll start today. Who gives a rat's ass if it's the middle of the week? No me, not anymore. I'm back on the wagon and I will stay there until I hit my goal weight.

As of today I weight 171.8. That's right, I posted it, because I'm sick of hiding it and frankly, I really don't give a shit what anyone else thinks anymore.
My goal weight is 140.
When I graduated high school in 2003, I weighed 155.
When I got pregnant, I was 183.
When I gave birth I was 213.
When I started this journey in January I was 186.4
Today, 171.8
If I wasn't at work right now, I would post my "today" picture, but you'll just have to suffer without it and imagine what my pretty face looks like while you read this. :)

Thanks for reading and following me on my journey to a healthier, skinnier, happier me.

No comments:

Post a Comment