Friday, August 5, 2011

Houston, we have a big boy.

Well, The Coopman is no longer a baby. This kid is potty trained. On July 12th, he woke up and decided that today was the day. He wanted to pee on the big potty and be a big boy. His "treat" for doing so, was a cute sticker chart that my girlfriend Erica made for him, and stickers. 1 sticker for #1, 2 for #2. He caught on so quickly that we ran out of stickers, so I finally stopped giving them to him, unless he asked, and most of the time he forgot. He was still wearing a diaper for naps and bedtime, just in case, but when he woke up consistantly for over a week with a dry diaper, I figured, why not give it a shot. Well, 2 weeks (tomorrow) later, and we've had only TWO overnight accidents and NO daytime or nap accidents.

I can't believe what a big boy he is. It's so bittersweet to see, I just want my little baby back. But oh my, the money we will save on diapers. That is, until the next baby Gill is around, which isn't now, so don't get all excited.

Now, what kind of Mom would I be if I didn't document him on the toilet? Not a very good one, I'll tell ya that. So, here are pictures that I plan on haunting him with when he brings his first girlfriend home, or his first date to a dance.



1 comment:

  1. hahahaha, LOVE the last one...that's a keeper right there hahaha =]

    ReplyDelete