Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fiyawooks.

Wrapping up our 4th of July weekend, The Gill family is sunburned, damn that SPF 50 baby sunscreen.  I'm so happy that summer decided to join us for the holiday weekend. It's about freaking time, yes? YES!

I was worried about how Coopman would do with the fireworks, but when I asked him if he wanted to go buy them, he screamed and wouldn't shut up about it until we got there! I was surprised at how well he did around the loud noises. He covered his ears a few times in the early afternoon on Monday, while Colin and his friends were lighting a few off, and ran into the house to hide, but then after the "bang", would run outside and yell "Yay Daddy, try again!" As in, "do it again" He had a blast watching them as daylight went away and all the "pweetty" ones started. He was requesting specific colors of which "fiyawooks" Colin should do next. It was pretty adorable, if I do say so myself.


 I took an extra day off of work, since Colin's 3 day weekend was Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. We went to Lake Aberdeen today for Coopman's first lake experience. I didn't think he would actually get in the water, but he did, and he loved it. He walked all the way around the area that's zoned off for the kids. I was pretty shocked! Oh and by the way, if you haven't been to Lake Aberdeen in a while (it's probably been 15+ years for me), you should definitely go, it's gorgeous there now with all the remodeling they've done.

When we got home from the Lake, we prepped dinner for the grill, for the 3rd night in a row and filled up Coopman's water table, that he eventually converted into a swimming table. He's so awesome.

I hope everyone had an amazing Independence Day. We sure did. And I'm sad that we can't do these things every day. Damn adulthood, having jobs and being responsible.





No comments:

Post a Comment