Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ready. Set. Obsess.

We all have our quirks, mine is my obsessive need to plan everything. When I got pregnant with Cooper, it came with a side dose of OCD. I started meal planning because I was sick of coming home from work and not having something decided or planned out. I am definitely not a person that can just wing it, when it comes to anything. Everything needs to be planned out, I need details, or I will spontaneously combust, or possibly burst into flames. No one wants that, so I plan. 

It's something I never stopped, even after having Cooper, and it's been a huge help in my dieting. I fell off the meal planners wagon (along with the diet wagon, the exercise wagon and any other wagon I was a part of) when I hurt my foot and then went on vacation.

So, I'm challenging myself to jump back on the wagon, since I've jumped back on the diet/exercise wagons, why not this one as well? My new goal is to meal plan every Saturday or Sunday, and post it on my blog, to hold myself accountable. I know most of our plans for the week, by the beginning of the week, and like to plan accordingly. For example, this week, we'll be going to a movie on Tuesday, (Cars 2, Coop's 1st movie, yay!) so I need something fast, so my plan is to throw something in the crockpot before work, so it's ready when we get home.  So, here is our meal plan for the week:

Sunday: Fish tacos, cole slaw & roasted asparagus
Monday: Sloppy joes, sweet potato fries, green beans
Tuesday: (movie night) slow cooker meatball stroganoff, cauliflower & garlic bread
Wednesday: Thai curry chicken, white rice, stirfry veggies
Thursday: (spin class) Homemade spicy mac & cheese, broccoli
Friday: Marinated chicken thighs, mashed potatoes, corn.

Happy Eating.

4 comments:

  1. You Wonderful Baby BrudderJuly 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM

    Are you not going to eat Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but I'm not sure of our plans yet, so I'll either meal plan Saturday, or we'll have leftovers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I had anxiety issues meal planning made me less anxious, strangely enough. Maybe I should look at your menu each week to get ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look away and feel free to share some ideas or recipes! I'm always up for new ideas so we don't get stuck in a rut! :)

    ReplyDelete